Edgar Perez, penulis Knightmare di Wall Street dan Investasi Super Kilat, mengadakan Cybersecurity Boardroom Lokakarya 2015, seminar di New York City, London, Dubai, Bangkok, Jakarta, Sydney, Taipei, Seoul dan Tokyo yang sasarannya adalah anggota Direksi dan eksekutif senior guna mencari cara baru untuk mendapatkan dan mempertahankan keunggulan kompetitif bisnis di salah satu mata permasalahan yang paling penting bagi perusahaan dan pemerintahan di seluruh dunia.
New York City, NY, USA (September 23, 2015) -- Pak Edgar Perez, penulis terkenal, konsultan bisnis untuk ekuitas dan hedge dana swasta dan anggota direksi (BOD member ?) di Gerson Lehrman Group, diminta untuk membahas permasalahan di Lokakarya Cybersecurity Boardroom 2015. Bagaimana Direksi dan CEO dapat membangun landasan yang benar untuk permasalahan pengolahan Informasi saat ini dalam menghadapi tantangan terhadap keamanan data. Perez adalah seorang ahli materi permasaahan di cybersecurity, investasi, perdagangan, peraturan keuangan (Dodd-Frank Act) dan struktur pasar.
Perez telah berbicara di sejumlah konferensi global, termasuk Cyber Security Konferensi Dunia 2014 (New York), MIT Sloan Investment Management Conference (Cambridge), dalam Data Pasar 2013 (Chicago), Institutional Investor Global Growth Markets Forum (London), Analisis teknis Masyarakat (Singapura), tradetech Asia (Singapura), Emerging Markets Investments Summit 2013 (Warsawa), Global Leadership Finance Conference CME Group 2012 (Naples, FL), Harvard Business School Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference (Boston0 Tinggi Pemimpin Perdagangan -Frequency Forum (New York, Chicago), FIXGlobal Face2Face (Seoul) dan Private Equity Konvensi Rusia, CIS & Eurasia (London).
Selain itu, Perez telah terlibat dalam pembahasan yang ditujukan kepada Dewan Hubungan Luar Negeri, Vadym Hetman Kyiv Universitas Ekonomi Nasional (Kiev), US Securities and Exchange Commission (Washington DC), Quant Investasi & HFT Summit APAC 2012 (Shanghai), CFA Singapura , Hong Kong Securities Institute, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences di New York University, University of International Business and Economics (Beijing), Hult International Business School (Shanghai) dan Pace University (New York), juga lembaga-lembaga publik dan swasta lainnya. Partisipasi Mr. Perez di forum ini telah dipuji oleh penyelenggara dan peserta:
"Senang sekali Anda dapat berpartisipasi dalam konferensi kami. Umpan balik dan informasi yang Anda bagikan kepada peserta sangat berharga. Sekali lagi, terima kasih atas kontribusi Anda dalam keberhasilan acara ini."
"Saya ingin menyampaikan penghargaan saya atas kesediaan Anda untuk berbagi wawasan Anda tentang cybersecurity. Kami pasti akan mengingat Anda dalam menangani masalah yang sangat penting ini."
ABOUT CYBERSECURITY BOARDROOM WORKSHOP 2015
Karena serangan cyber menjadi lebih umum, perusahaan semakin berinvestasi di perlindungan keamanan cyber. Tetapi bahkan dengan sistem setempat yang terbaikpun, hacker masih dapat dengan mudah masuk ke jaringan perusahaan jika petugas tidak rajin menjaga keamanan. Penjahat cyber telah menjadi jauh lebih baik dengan menyamarkan email berbahaya untuk membuatnya terlihat lebih sah. Jadi karyawan perlu waspada dan mengajukan pertanyaan terhadap semua email yang mereka terima yang menimbulkan kecurigaan sekecil apapun, yang meskipun pelanggaran keamanan cyber yang terjadi tidak sebesar seperti pada beberapa perusahaan-perusahaan terkenal yang telah dimuat pada berita utama baru-baru ini: Adobe, ADP, E * Trade, Fidelity, Home Depot, JPMorgan Chase, Nasdaq, Neiman Marcus, Sony, Target dan Wal-mart.
Cybersecurity Boardroom Lokakarya 2015 (http://www.cybersecurityboardroomworkshop.com), Bagaimana Direksi dan CXOs Dapat Membangun Membangun Landasan Kuat Menghadapi Tantangan Keamanan Informasi hari ini, adalah forum wajib hadir untuk anggota dewan, CEO, CFO, (berbisik? not sure what is trying to tell) dan manajer eksekutif di New York City, London, Dubai, Bangkok, Jakarta, Sydney, Taipei, Seoul dan Tokyo supaya perlu menjadi lebih memahami tentang keamanan cyber untuk mengajukan pertanyaan yang bersifat strategis belum cukup granular untuk mengatasi spesifik perusahaan. ( what is original sentence? )
Cybersecurity Boardroom Lokakarya 2015 ditargetkan untuk pengambil keputusan perusahaan guna memberi kesiapan untuk menjadi lebih cermat dan terbiasa terhadap permasalahan cybersecurity, suatu permasalahan yang relatif baru namun sangat penting:
• Memahami cybersecurity perusahaan dan dampaknya terhadap nilai perusahaan bagi pemegang saham dalam jangka pendek dan jangka panjang
• Mempelajari cara untuk mengidentifikasi tantangan saat ini dan masa depan guna memungkinkan manajemen untuk lebih fokus pada pengurangan terhadap ancaman dan kehandalan operasional
• Mengidentifikasi langsung kebutuhan keamanan untuk organisasi dengan langkah-langkah yang dapat ditindaklanjuti oleh manajemen senior
• Dapatkan sampai dengan kecepatan pada pendekatan dan kerangka kerja internasional dan domestik untuk praktek cybersecurity efektif perusahaan lebar
DAY 1: UNDERSTANDING THE CYBER WORLD
• The trillion dollar global cyber risk environment
• The impact of cybersecurity attacks on shareholder value
• The enterprise-wide challenge of protecting the organization's assets
• Identity theft and the legal implications of data breaches
Social Engineering: The "Weakest Human Link" in Cybersecurity
• The responsibility for cybersecurity in the organization
• Evaluating shortcomings in meeting cybersecurity workforce standards
• Assessing the quality of the cybersecurity workforce
• Assessing the effectiveness of current professionalization tools
Understanding the Cybersecurity Testing Method
• Reconnaissance: How to use tools to find vulnerable systems and devices
• Port scanning: How port information is exposed on computer systems
• Packet sniffing: How to gather information from computer systems
• Password policy and cracking: What to consider when developing password policy
• Vulnerability: How to reduce attacks by enforcing proactive compliance policies
Basics of Security Architecture for Board Members and CXOs
• How architecture defines the structure of a system and makes it explicit
• How the current computer network infrastructure was not designed originally to be secure
• The fundamentals of layered architecture: presentation, business, data, and service layers
• Embedding architecting security into systems from inception
DAY 2: RESPONDING TO THE CYBERSECURITY CHALLENGE
Introduction to NIST's Cybersecurity Framework
• Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for improvement
• Assessing and accelerating progress toward the target state
• Describing the enterprise's current and target cybersecurity posture
• Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about cybersecurity risk
The Five Core Functions of NIST's Cybersecurity Framework
• Identify: Organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risk
• Detect: How to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event
• Protect: Safeguards to ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services
• Respond: Taking action regarding a detected cybersecurity event
• Recover: Maintaining plans for resilience and to restore any impaired capabilities
Introduction to Intelligence-driven Cyber Network Defenses
• How investigations are based upon the scientific method: observing, hypothesis, evaluation, prediction and validation
• How to continuously improve the enterprise process for defending IT assets
• How to leverage cutting edge technology, vigilant people and innovative processes
• How to empower people to resolve the problem with guidance and mentoring
Establishing or Improving a Cybersecurity Program
• Prioritize and scope: Identifying business/mission objectives and high-level priorities
• Create a current profile: Developing a profile by indicating current degree of preparedness
• Conduct a risk assessment: Analyzing the operational environment in order to discern the likelihood of an attack
• Orient: Identifying related systems and assets, regulatory requirements, and risk approach
• Create a target profile: Describing the organization's desired cybersecurity outcomes
• Determine, analyze, and prioritize gaps: Determining gaps between current and target profiles
• Implement action plan: Deciding which actions to take in regards to identified gaps
Cybersecurity Boardroom Workshop 2015 is specifically designed for boards of directors and CEOs of public and private firms looking for new ways to gain and maintain their competitive advantages. Business executives with responsibility for IT, finance, compliance, risk management and procurement as well as entrepreneurs and innovators are welcome to add their points of view to the debate.
ABOUT KNIGHTMARE ON WALL STREET
Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets is a thrilling minute-by-minute account of the terrifying hours following Knight Capital's August 1, 2012 trading debacle, with news-breaking research regarding the firm's 17 years of tumultuous existence as an independent company. Knightmare on Wall Street is the definitive behind-the-scenes story of Knight Capital.
The firm, founded by Kenneth Pasternak and Walter Raquet in 1995, had seen its fortunes change as U.S. regulators made a series of changes in the structure of financial markets and computers were progressively expanding their share of trading. The Flash Crash, the infamous 1,000 point drop of the DJIA on May 6, 2010 (the largest one-day point decline in history), illustrated how market structure problems could almost instantaneously cascade from one market participant to the rest.
Thomas Joyce, CEO of Knight Capital since 2002 and an unapologetic advocate of electronic trading, had been scornful of those companies that struggled to keep up with ever-changing stock markets. So it was certainly shocking that at 9:30 A.M. on August 1, 2012, right after the markets opened for the day, Knight Capital began issuing an unprecedented number of erroneous orders into the market, due to an error in installing new software. No rogue trader or regulatory change; operational risk was passing the bill to Knight Capital and becoming the biggest risk in the financial markets.
Knight Capital announced later a staggering loss of $440 million. What followed after this shocking announcement were several rounds of desperate conversations with a number of vulture players who had smelled opportunity and were readying themselves to pick up bargain-priced pieces. On August 6, 2012, Joyce confirmed that Knight Capital had struck a deal with Jefferies, TD Ameritrade, Blackstone, GETCO, Stephens, and Stifel Financial, staving off collapse days after the trading mishap.
While Knight Capital was back in the game, its limping recovery quickly prompted hungry competitors to bid for the entire company. On December 19, 2012, the board decided to accept an acquisition proposal from GETCO rather than Virtu Financial. For GETCO, acquiring Knight Capital represented a gigantic fast forward step. For Knight Capital, it was the end of its wild ride as an independent entity.
Knightmare on Wall Street provides a fascinating account of what it took to elevate the firm to the cusp of the retail investing revolution of the late 1990s, to struggle through booms and busts, and to bring the firm down, to end up ultimately being ignominiously bought up by a competitor.
ABOUT THE SPEED TRADERS
High-frequency traders have been called many things-from masters of the universe and market pioneers to exploiters, computer geeks, and even predators. Everyone in the business of investing has an opinion of speed traders, but how many really understand how they operate? The shadow people of the investing world, today's high-frequency traders have decidedly kept a low profile-until now. In this new title, The Speed Traders, Mr. Perez opens the door to the secretive world of high-frequency trading (HFT). Inside, prominent figures of HFT drop their guard and speak with unprecedented candidness about their trade.
Mr. Perez begins with an overview of computerized trading, which formally began on February 8, 1971, when NASDAQ launched the world's first electronic market with 2,500 over-the-counter stocks and which has evolved into the present-day practice of making multiple trades in a matter of microseconds. He then picks the brains of today's top players. Manoj Narang (Tradeworx), John Netto (M3 Capital), and Aaron Lebovitz (Infinium Capital Management) are just a few of the luminaries who decided to break their silence and speak openly to Mr. Perez. Virtually all of the expertise available from the world of speed trading is packed into these pages.
The Speed Traders, published by McGraw-Hill Inc., is the most comprehensive, revealing work available on the most important development in trading in generations. High-frequency trading will no doubt play an ever larger role as computer technology advances and the global exchanges embrace fast electronic access. The Speed Traders explains everything there is to know about how today's high-frequency traders make millions-one cent at a time.
ABOUT EDGAR PEREZ
Mr. Perez is the author of Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets (2013), and The Speed Traders, An Insider's Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World, published in English by McGraw-Hill Inc. (2011), Published in Mandarin by China Financial Publishing House (2012), and Investasi Super Kilat, published in Bahasa Indonesia by Kompas Gramedia (2012).
Mr. Perez has been interviewed on CNN's Quest Means Business, CNBC's Squawk on the Street, Worldwide Exchange, Cash Flow and Squawk Box, FOX BUSINESS's Countdown to the Closing Bell and After the Bell, Bloomberg TV's Market Makers, CNN en Español's Dinero, Sina Finance, BNN's Business Day, CCTV China, News.Sina.com, ifeng.com, Finance.Sina.com, The Korea Times, The Korea Herald, The Star, The Malaysian Insider, BMF 89.9, iMoney Hong Kong, CNBC, Bloomberg Hedge Fund Brief, Bankier.pl, TheStreet.com, Leaderonomics, GPW Media, Channel NewsAsia's Business Tonight and Cents & Sensibilities. In addition, Mr. Perez has been featured on Sohu, The Wall Street Journal, Yicai, eastmoney, Caijing, ETF88.com, 360doc, AH Radio, CNFOL.com, CITICS Futures, Tongxin Securities, ZhiCheng.com, CBNweek.com, Caixin, Futures Daily, Xinhua, CBN Newswire, Chinese Financial News, The New York Times, Dallas Morning News, Valor Econômico, FIXGlobal Trading, TODAY Online, Oriental Daily News and Business Times.
Mr. Perez was a vice president at Citigroup, a senior consultant at IBM, and a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co. in New York City. Previously, he managed Operations and Technology for Peruval Finance. Mr. Perez has an undergraduate degree in Systems Engineering from Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Lima, Peru (1994), a Master of Administration from Universidad ESAN, Lima, Peru (1997) and a Master of Business Administration from Columbia Business School, New York, with a dual major in Finance and Management (2002). He belongs to the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society. Mr. Perez resides in the New York City area with his wife Olga, son Edgar Felipe and daughter Svetlana Sofia.
Media Relations Coordinator
The Speed Traders