Golden Networking hosts the World's Most Influential High-Frequency Trading Conference Series, High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 London "Strategic and Tactical Insights for Investors, Speed Traders, Brokers and Exchanges", March 21 (www.High-Frequency-Trading-Conference.com).
New York City, NY, USA (March 8, 2013) -- "What the Foresight Report Tell us About the Future of Computer Trading in Financial Markets" is the topic of closing keynote speaker professor Dave Cliff, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol and Foresight Project Member of the Lead Expert Group on Algorithmic Trading, at the most influential high-frequency trading conference in the world, Golden Networking's High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 London, "Strategic and Tactical Insights for Investors, Speed Traders, Brokers and Exchanges", March 21 (http://www.High-Frequency-Trading-Conference.com).
Advances in technology continue to transform how our financial markets operate. The volume of financial products traded through computer automated trading taking place at high speed and with little human involvement has increased dramatically in the past few years. For example, today, over one third of United Kingdom equity trading volume is generated through high frequency automated computer trading while in the US this figure is closer to three-quarters.
The new two-year Foresight study The Future of Computer Trading in Financial Markets - An International Perspective, sheds new light on technological advances which have transformed market structures in recent years. The independent and international study has involved 150 leading experts from more 20 countries to provide the best possible analysis on computer trading to date. The aim of this project is to make a significant contribution to the challenges computer-based trading brings in the coming years and capitalize on the opportunities it has to offer.
It assembles and analyses evidence on the effect of HFT on financial markets looking out to 2022. A High Level Stakeholder Group, comprised of senior individuals from relevant institutions, provided strategic oversight for the project and advised on the key issues to be addressed.
Sponsored by Her Majesty's Treasury, the project was led by the Government Office for Science under the direction of the Government's Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Sir John Beddington. It has involved leading experts, among them, Professor Cliff, member of the computer science team at the University of Bristol and Director of the UK Large Scale Complex IT Systems Initiative. Professor Cliff is the inventor of the seminal "ZIP" trading algorithm, one of the first of the current generation of autonomous adaptive algorithmic trading systems, which was demonstrated to outperform human traders in research published in 2001 by IBM.
High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 (http://www.High-Frequency-Trading-Conference.com) "Strategic and Tactical Insights for Investors, Speed Traders, Brokers and Exchanges" will bring insights for investors and speed traders, who need to protect and refine their competitive advantage in a world dominated by algorithmic and high-frequency trading. Recognized practitioners, regulators, experts, and strategists will return to High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 to provide attendees with the information they are looking for in an open and unbiased environment, highly conducive to the most efficient and effective networking:
- Professor Alex Preda, Professor of Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management, King's College
- Ms. Arlene McCarthy, Vice Chair - Economics and Monetary Affairs Committee and Draftsperson, Market Abuse Directive, European Parliament
- Mr. Axel Pierron, Sr. VP, Securities & Investments, Celent
- Ms. Carol Clark, Sr. Policy Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Mr. Chris Skinner, Chairman, Financial Services Club
- Professor Daniel Beunza, Lecturer, London School of Economics
- Professor Dave Cliff, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol
- Mr. David Mills, Sales Director EMEA, Azul Systems
- Mr. Edgar Perez, Author, The Speed Traders
- Mr. Giovanni Beliossi, Managing Partner, FGS Capital
- Mr. Hirander Misra, Chairman, Forum Trading Solutions
- Ms. Izabella Kaminska, Blogger, FT Alphaville
- Professor Juan Pablo Pardo-Guerra, Lecturer, London School of Economics
- Dr. Magrino Bini, Statistical Arbitrage Portfolio Manager, Millennium Partners
- Mr. Philip Stafford, FT Trading Room Deputy Editor, Financial Times
- Professor Philip Treleaven, Director, PhD, Centre in Financial Computing, UCL
- Mr. Philippe Guillot, Executive Director of the Markets Division, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
- Mr. Sam Tyfield, Partner, Vedder Price, P.C.
- Mr. Stuart Theakston, Head of Research and Automated Trading, GLC
- Dr. Tommi A. Vuorenmaa, Head of Research & Trading, Valo Research and Trading
- Mr. VJ Angelo, Director, Global Markets Exchange Group
- Professor Walter Distaso, Professor of Financial Econometrics, Imperial College London
High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by calling +1-414-FORUMS0 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Relations Coordinator