(Greenwood Village, Colorado) November 15, 2010 -- Business Controls, Inc. (BCI), the country’s leading incident reporting and investigations firm, announced this week that their President, Steven Foster, was appointed to Governor-Elect John Hickenlooper’s Information Technology Transition Committee.
The committee, co-chaired by Su Hawk, President, Colorado’s Technology Association, and Molly Rauzi, Chief Information Officer, City and County of Denver, will be made up of twelve Republicans and twelve Democrats and will have the role of selecting the Governor’s head of IT and designing the first 100-day plan for the state. "Starting today, we set aside our differences and work together to rebuild hope in our state and get our economy back on track,” Hickenlooper said. "That’s what our friends and neighbors need. That’s what Colorado needs.” The transition team will be called Partners for Colorado.
“It is a great honor to have been selected to serve on this committee. Information technology is a major part of Colorado’s economy and it’s crucial that the right steps are taken in these first 100 days of the new administration,” said Foster. “Our goal will be to continue improving the environment for companies to thrive in Colorado. We have a great team in place with amazing experience! I'm looking forward to this opportunity.”
According to Partners for Colorado’s website, The Hickenlooper-Garcia transition effort will:
• Engage a diverse group of people from all over Colorado
• Ensure a smooth hand-off from the Ritter-O’Brien administration to the Hickenlooper-Garcia administration.
• Review the current performance, challenges and opportunities of each major area of state government and develop recommendations for improving practices within these areas.
• Provide recommendations to the incoming administration for specific executive and legislative actions that can be pursued during the administration’s first 100 days.
• Recruit and evaluate candidates to run each major department based on their ability to implement identified best practices.
About Business Controls, Inc.:
Business Controls, Inc. is the country’s leading incident reporting and risk mitigation firm. Its services include incident reporting, corporate investigations, litigation support, and training. Business Controls serves over a million client employees in over 22,000 client locations in 130 countries via its award-winning and patent-pending anonymous reporting systems. Business Controls puts clients in a position to stay compliant with numerous governmental regulations and business ethics best practices, manage employee related issues, and limit their exposure to litigation. For more information, call 800-650-7005 or visit www.BusinessControls.com.
Business Controls, Inc.
Greenwood Village, Colorado