Dating Expert Rich Gosse keynotes Singles Extravaganza, November 19, 2011, at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco.
San Rafael, CA - October 09, 2011 -- Contact: Tom Andrews, 415/507-9962
“Being too honest, early in dating, will sabotage most relationships,” says Rich Gosse, America’s foremost authority on finding a romantic partner. “Nobody fantasizes about a romantic relationship with someone who has flaws. They visualize someone perfect. If you reveal your imperfections too early, you will lose any chance of success.”
Mr. Gosse will reveal THE TEN DIRTY WORDS TO AVOID ON A DATE:
1. AGE, especially if you are a woman. “Every man has a number in his head. If you tell him you are above this number, you are eliminated immediately. Do everything in your power to look younger, and, if you succeed, keep your age a secret.
2. UNEMPLOYED, particularly if you are a man. “During these tough economic times, men who have lost their jobs are at a terrific disadvantage. If a woman asks “what do you do?” answer Engineer, Attorney, Physician, or even Ditch Digger. But never volunteer that you are unemployed. If she asks point-blank, “do you have a job?” answer that you are “between jobs.”
3. ILLNESS. “Anything worse than a hang nail should be kept private as long as possible.”
4. ADDICTION “unless you know he/she shares your problem. Then it’s beneficial to reveal your addiction.”
5. INFIDELITY. “If you cheated before, your date will expect you will do the same again.”
6. EX. “Never mention your ex, unless it is absolutely necessary. It’s difficult to keep the bitterness out of your voice.”
7. CHILDREN. “No one wants to support your offspring.”
8. GRANDCHILDREN (if you are a woman). “Very few men man fantasize about grandmothers.”
9. SEX (if you are a man) “Most women are defensive on a first date and think that men only want one thing. Never mention that thing, if you want her to hang around long enough for you to have sex with her.”
10. MARRIAGE (if you are a woman). “Don't bring up a desire to be married during early dates. Most men will run to the hills!”
“Never lie, even on the first date,” says Mr. Gosse. “Relationships based on deceit don't survive. But be careful with the truth. Never shoot yourself in the foot. Never volunteer negative information, such as the items above. When do you finally reveal your flaws? After you hear the magic words I LOVE YOU. Then you can break the news that you're not perfect. It’s too late for them to dump you, because now they are addicted.”
Rich Gosse is Chairman of The Society of Single Professionals, the world’s largest non-profit singles organization. He is the author of eight books on dating, including You CAN Hurry Love, Singles Guide to America, and A Good Man Is EASY to Find “This is a great book!” Oprah Winfrey). His expert advice has been featured by ABC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Oprah, Donahue, Cosmopolitan, Time, Newsweek, Playboy, Playgirl, The Wall Street Journal, The London Times, The Australian, The New Zealand Herald, etc. His personal website is http://www.richgosse.com. Mr. Gosse is available to the news media for interviews by calling 415/479-3800.
Rich Gosse will keynote Singles Extravaganza, Saturday, November 19, 2011, 7:30pm, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco CA 94111. His topic will be “The Ten Dirty Words to Avoid on a Date.”
Singles Extravaganza also includes exhibits of leading organizations and companies with products and services valuable for singles; and a giant Dance Party. Adults of all ages are welcome. The cost is $20 at the door. Anyone wishing more information about this and many more events for singles may visit http://www.ThePartyHotline.com or call 415/507-9962.
About The Society of Single Professionals:
Society of Single Professionals is the events division of American Singles Education, Inc., world's largest non-profit singles organization. We are the only organization that runs events for singles worldwide, on 6 continents. Our Singles Travel Company division organizes dozens of affordable group tours for singles each year, to exotic destinations worldwide. We also operate The Singles Podcasting Network, featuring interviews with major authors and experts on dating and the single lifestyle.
Society of Single Professionals
205 Mark Twain Avenue, San Rafael CA 94903