Wellness Tourism Worldwide (WTW), a leading wellness tourism research, education and consulting business, is pleased to announce the release of "Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy."
Los Angeles, CA, USA (August 28, 2014) -- Wellness Tourism Worldwide (WTW), a leading wellness tourism research, education and consulting business, is pleased to announce the release of "Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy."
Quoted below in italics is an excerpt from "Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy" outlining who should be involved and why*:
• Medical professionals & wellness practitioners who understand the value of vacations in promoting mental health, physical activity and social engagement
• Parks and recreation professionals and outdoor outfitters who value nature's solution to a sedentary and urbanized lifestyle
• Museums, cultural attractions and organizations that understand art's important role to engagement, innovation, creativity and emotional, intellectual, physical and social well-being
• Farms, ranches and food related organizations and companies who seek to preserve local food culture and improve health & sustainability
• Travel businesses, organizations, associations and professionals that understand vacations are a need, not a luxury and that travel is a top contributor to the economy
• Meeting planners and human resource professionals who recognize the growing emphasis on a sustainable work-force and the need to maintain the health of meeting and conference participants
• Organizations that promote family values and understand the need for quality time, personal enrichment and memory making through travel
• Progressive business executives, managers & entrepreneurs who value vacations' positive impact on productivity and work/life balance
• Labor unions & other organizations representing workers and advocate for employee rights, benefits and compensation
• Insurance companies seeking to reduce claims through wellness promotion and by encouraging physical, social and emotional well-being through an active and engaged way of life
• Teachers, schools, universities, colleges and institutions that promote life-long learning, social studies, creative arts, language skills and educational enrichment
• Social justice organizations that support fair trade and responsible community development
• Environmental organizations that understand that people's health is tied to the environment in which they live and recreate
• All people who care about work/life balance, quality of life and well-being
Defining wellness has been a challenge to advocates, academics and businesses but even more formidable has been facilitating higher levels of individual, social and national well-being.
Wellness Travel in America: Shaping Health, Businesses & Economy provides unprecedented data on wellness travel in the United States, examining a broad spectrum of stakeholders and confluences between sectors affecting both population and economic health. A culmination of U.S. consumer survey data and extensive research across multiple industries, the report can be used to understand how wellness travel can play a significant role in disease prevention, workplace wellness, vacation policy development, tourism development and destination marketing.
Over 60 tables and figures are contained in this comprehensive 90-page document. The report includes an extensive review of wellness trends, workplace policies, and proprietary data collection and analysis of US consumers interested in healthy travel resulting in a data-driven profile marketers can use to promote their brand.
Epidemic levels of stress, obesity, sleep problems and lack of balance between home and work are drivers to the surging interest in wellness, affecting the way businesses operate. While wellness has garnered attention over the last several years, there has been very little discussion regarding what wellness travel means to U.S. consumers, businesses and the travel industry.
Concepts such as wellness vacations, healthy hotels, and business related wellness perks are on the rise as organizations seek to contain healthcare costs and drive volume and profits.
This report can be used to:
• Better integrate wellness concepts in leisure travel and business
• Gain understanding of wellness travel consumers, their interests, perceptions and needs as well as motivations, decisions and preferences in order to
• Better conceptualize wellness tourism as away to mitigate health, social and environmental problems related to an urbanized, industrialized world
• Improve, innovate and create travel products and services to positively impact health, happiness, productivity and ultimately strengthen America's economy
• Promote healthy lifestyle vacation travel as an engine for economic growth, personal enrichment and better work/life balance
Wellness Tourism Worldwide Founder & CEO, Camille Hoheb, remarked, "Wellness tourism cuts across multiple sectors to stimulate entrepreneurship, innovation and a more comprehensive approach to population health and financial stability." Adding, "Wellness Tourism Worldwide is constantly seeking ways to help others achieve their professional success and personal wellness goals and we believe this Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy, provides ample recommendations to do just that."
Those wishing to get involved in wellness travel are invited to contact Wellness Tourism Worldwide through the contact page http://www.wellnesstourismworldwide.com/contact.html.
The report will be available for purchase online September 2, 2014 at http://www.wellnesstourismworldwide.com.
* The excerpt from "Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy" in this press release is the property of Wellness Tourism Worldwide and any reference, citation or quotation is to be credited as "Wellness Travel: Shaping America's Health & Economy prepared by Wellness Tourism Worldwide."
About Wellness Tourism Worldwide: Wellness Tourism Worldwide (WTW) is a leader in education, development and promotion of wellness travel. WTW works with companies, destinations and travel entrepreneurs to deliver meaningful experiences and boost revenue by improving the well-being of guests and clients. (http://www.wellnesstourismworldwide.com)
Media Contact: Camille Hoheb | email@example.com | 310-720-1755