Golden Networking brings Tech2Trade Expo 2013 (www.Tech2TradeExpo.com), World's Most Influential Alternative Investments Conference Series, including High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013, "Strategic and Tactical Insights for Investors, Speed Traders, Brokers and Exchanges," New York City, London, Chicago, Singapore and Frankfurt (www.High-Frequency-Trading-Conference.com).
New York City, NY, USA (July 12, 2013) -- In the 17th century, it is said that the Rothschilds were able to balance stock markets in their favor by flying carrier pigeons to relay information before their peers. Today's equivalent is high-frequency trading, the main topic of discussion at High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 New York City, July 30th, as part of Tech2Trade Expo 2013 New York City (http://www.Tech2TradeExpo.com).
According to Public Service Europe, HFT creates extreme market volatility and has even resulted in a 'flash crash'. On May 6, 2010, US index the Dow Jones plunged 1,000 points - or 9 per cent of its total - only to recover those losses within minutes. This shock was a direct result of HFT. And the sequence of events was triggered by a single sale of $4.1bn in futures contracts by a mutual, in an aggressive attempt to hedge its investment position. This was quickly magnified by HFTs, creating a snowball effect.
Not only that, the limited uses for such a trading device are simply to pump up pension funds or to create greater wealth for the super-rich. All this without truly investing in a productive asset - a company that might make a difference to wider society. Any integrity markets might have once had now lies in tatters.
At this precise moment, the world of HFT is analogous to a frontier town. Only this time, it is not humans displaying wild west-style behavior but the machines we have created. The flash crash of 2010 was a wake-up call. However, it seems the regulators are still asleep and we all know where that leads - circa the 2008 global economic crisis we are still coming to terms with today. Perhaps, carrier pigeons were not such a bad idea after all.
Tech2Trade Expo 2013, to be held in New York City, London, Chicago, Singapore and Frankfurt, is the world's most influential alternative investments forum for the hedge fund, high-frequency trading and derivatives communities. With dozens of practitioners, experts and regulators speaking in our programs, Tech2Trade Expo 2013 provides hundreds of investors, traders and portfolio managers with the key lessons, proven recipes and penetrating insights they are looking for to capture alpha in up and down markets:
- Alexander Fleiss, CIO and Co-Founder, Rebellion Research
- Thomas Kirchner, President, Pennsylvania Avenue Funds
- Jitesh Thakkar, President, Edge Financial Technologies
- James Koutoulas, CEO, Typhon Capital Management
- Sayena Mostowfi, Senior Analyst, The Tabb Group
- Marcus Storr, Head of Hedge Funds, Feri Institutional
- Carol Clark, Sr. Policy Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- R. Scott Morris, President, Morris Consulting
- Nimesh Bharadia, CEO and Founder, The Kaiman Group
- Alison Graham, Chief Investment Officer, Voltan Capital Management
- Jonathan Kanterman, Partner, Institutional Asset Advisors
- Matthew Magidson, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler PC
- V.J. Angelo, Director, Global Markets Exchange Group
- Sanjeev Sharma, Contributing Writer, SeekingAlpha.com
- Dr. Juan Pablo Pardo-Guerra, Lecturer, London School of Economics
- Kieron O'Brien, Director, Rosenblatt Group
- Sanjay Awasthi, Director, East Spring Investments
- Scott Nichols, Director of Trading, Rotella Capital
- Dr. Tommi A. Vuorenmaa, Head of Research and Trading, Valo Research and Trading
- Sam Tyfield, Partner, Vedder Price
- Hendrik Klein, Head Portfolio Manager, Da Vinci Invest AG
- Bill Barry, Former Managing Director, Knight Capital
- Dan Keegan, Options Instructor and Head Options Mentor, The Chicago School of Trading
- Ram Ahluwalia, Portfolio Manager, Winged Foot Capital
- Dr. Walter Distaso, Professor of Financial Econometrics, Imperial College London
- Edgar Perez, Author, The Speed Traders
- Robert Cohen, Assistant Director, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Morgan Hill, Chief Operating Officer, Attis Capital
- Daniel Gramza, President, Gramza Capital Management
High Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2013 is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to download our Information Package or contact Golden Networking directly by calling +1-414-FORUMS0 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Media Relations Coordinator